Saturday, February 23

An undeserving candidate

Sri Lanka's return to war pains me immensely. I do not believe that any people deserve as prolonged a struggle as the Sri Lankan people have been subject to. From what I have seen and experienced of Sri Lanka, I think that they are a normal hardworking population that can achieve great heights if given the opportunity. It is a shame to let a country as beautiful as that to be left to be destroyed by some leaders who cannot patch-up their differences.

I have some extremely fond memories of the place and people, and hope that the fighting ends soon and for good.

(A backwater lagoon in Sri Lanka)

(A beautiful stream along an everyday road.)

(A taste of Sri Lankan cuisine.)


(A view of the Indian Ocean.)

(A beach in Sri Lanka; they all are breathtakingly beautiful.)

No comments: